Monday, July 6, 2009

F1 & Jamiroquai concert @ Sepang Circuit

Not a big fan of F1 myself, the draw this year for me was clearly JayKay! I've always been upset that i missed his concert when i was overseas studying, so there was NO WAY i was going to miss it here.

I was all prepped up..even had one of his songs for my ringing tone. I was in the Zone...and i knew i was in for an eventful day. I was gonna go for the race and scream my heart out for JAY KAY.

On the day itself, we decided to take the bus from KL Sentral. It was the last bus and we would have made it in time if it wasn't so ridiculously jam entering the Sepang Circuit. When we arrived, the walk in was soooo far and to make it worse, it had started to drizzle. I managed to see probably about 5 laps before it was called quits due to the heavy rain. Everyone was in the limbo of when the race would restart, we even sneaked into the Grand Stand area but was disappointed that it was called off.

Lucky there was a silver lining, the starting of the concert! Again, another very long walk but we were early in and managed to get a good place with nice view in front of the stage, but had to bypass an obstacle course of muddy fields and wooden planks. The other drawback of course was the waiting. Super long line to get any drinks and the stage was way far off. My legs were aching and i was too sober for comfort. My lifesaver, the little bit of adrenaline left and the start of a group called "Naturally 7". A very interesting concept, R&B acappella style with beat boxing.

By the time JayKay came on, it was a pure relief. JayKay turns 40 this year but he surely moved on the stage like age didn't matter at all. He sounded just like how he was supposed to sound that it almost felt surreal. Was truly worth the wait and every ache and pain on my legs.went home HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :)

P/s: News came that JayKay went to Three lounge @ Asian Heritage Row after the concert. I was so knackered after the concert then i couldn't bring myself to go and that my BIGGEST regret EVER!! A quiet Sunday night/ Monday morning........had JayKay asking my male friend who went "Where are all the Malaysian chicks??!" ....sob sob. I was at home sleeping. Boo Hoo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment