Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The library @ The Curve - soft launch on 19th Aug

A new place.....Are you a believer that first expressions count?

I wasn't planning on going for this launch initially, but since a colleague invited and i had nothing else to do, I went. As expected, it was obviously packed to the core. It was busy at the entrance as anyone could come but they had sms their email add or something to get in. So it was messy, people asking the same questions over and over again - sms to what number and bla bla bla.

That i already felt annoyed. Walking in, we went straight to the bar. We were about 10mins early to the so-called free flow. But when the announcement was made, it turned out to be the worse free flow event i have ever been to. Crowds figthing for drinks and squeezing their way for drink is the norm and i can handle that. But here, the staff seemed not prepared, drinks would come and stop. Then suddenly they are out of glasses la or too busy taking orders and other things. It was so frustrating, i was waiting in line a good 30mins and not a single drink in my hand. And to make matters worse, everyone else was frustrated as well and screaming at the bartenders. You could feel tension vibes brewing. Some couldnt take it and ended up ordering their own drinks just so they could drink. I was nearly tempted to order myself but after the time wasted waiting, HELL NO! The rate it was going, i probably had to wait another 30mins to get my paid drinks.

A crowd puller no doubt, the free flow seriously felt half-hearted from the Library. For me, not much point except to make me feel that it would be no lost to not ever step into that place again and made me realise the fact that i wasted a perfectly good Wednesday night.

In the end, I did as Rome do, made a fuss and whined at the bartender to get a drink for me and my friend. We finally got our 1 drink each, drank and then left to obviously drink somewhere else.

p/s: How was the place? Forgettable. And the books obviously looked very fake

No comments:

Post a Comment